Top 5 Myths and Misconceptions about German solar panel and energy systems in the Philippines
Metro Manila, Philippines – Harnessing solar energy is not a new technology contrary to popular belief. It has already been around for decades yet we are still dispelling myths and misconceptions about solar energy systems week to week at PHILERGY German Solar.
Here are the top five topics we often encounter and fun facts that would hopefully clear some things up:
5. You only need solar panels to power your appliances - The number one, most asked question our sales engineers get - magkano isang panel? - implies that we only need solar panels to harvest solar energy. Definitely a common misconception! A complete solar energy system consists of panels on a mounting system to secure them on your roof or deck, an inverter that converts DC to AC that you can use in your building grid, and solar cables to connect everything together to power your house with clean energy from the sun. Similar to an IV insertion into a vein, a solar energy system is tapped into the entire building’s electric grid, not just select appliances.
4. Mounting solar panels will cause holes on the roof - Yes, solar panels need to be mounted on your roof and being worried about leaks is a valid concern for a lot of clients. But prior to installations, our German engineers check the state of the roof and seal up any visible holes or leaking sources. Our German lightweight aluminum mounting system is also 100% water and leak-proof and will even strengthen your existing roof. It is certified in accordance with the wind code of the Philippines (NSCP2015).
3. Solar will not work on rainy days - Being a tropical country, the Philippines has long sunny days but also has its share of rainy days. But don’t fret, our 100% German monocrystalline solar panels are highly efficient and the most light sensitive in the solar industry with optimized low-light performance that ensures maximized energy production even during the country’s wet season.
2. Solar is hard to maintain - Our German solar systems work fully automatic without maintenance costs for more than 25 years. And in instances of abnormal dirt accumulation on panels (such as the ashfall from Taal earlier this year) which would affect the system’s production and efficiency, PHILERGY offers professional cleaning services. But generally once installed, you only have to sit back and relax as you watch your savings from harvesting clean and free energy.
1. Solar is expensive (especially 100% German components) - Any solar energy system is an investment. But because of our top of the line materials from Germany, most people would assume that the installation and services we offer are expensive. Everyone is pleasantly surprised to know that we are definitely within the average price range! With flexible financing options and worry-free net metering support, getting a PHILERGY German Solar system for your home or business is one of the best investments you can get.
CONTACT US FOR FREE SOLAR CONSULTATION!
PHONE: (02) 8638 8277
SMART: +63 921 373 3840
GLOBE: +63 917 329 2112
PHILERGY German Solar Philippines is your reliable, high quality solar energy installer, solar power system, and solar panel supplier in the Philippines with German-made solar equipment combined with experienced German Solar engineering. All installations come with up to 25 years warranty for homes and businesses, and options for flexible solar financing without collateral and additional fees. We are the nation’s top solar company with headquarters, office and showroom in Manila, Philippines with German management and German head solar engineers setting top of the line solar standards. All our solar energy systems are customized according to every client's needs via free expert solar consultation and professional onsite analysis, and are installed by trained teams that are headed by at least 1 German engineer with over 20 years of solar experience.